welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Dennis J. Ahnen, MD Researcher
Associate Professor Emeritus
Division of Medicine
University of Colorado
12605 E. 16th Ave
Places : Dr. Ahnen’s Research Lab
Dr. Ahnen’s research interests included the biologic and the biochemical mechanisms of the chemopreventive effects of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). He was examining the effect of NSAIDs on EGF receptor expression and function. His clinical trials group participated in several colorectal cancer prevention trials including several adenoma chemoprevention trials. He also collaborated with Al Marcus PhD and staff at the AMC Cancer Research Center to evaluate behavioral interventions to increase colorectal cancer screening rates in high-risk populations and he directed the Colorado site for two national cancer registries that identify high risk families for genetic and clinical trials.
Undergraduate: Florida State University
Medical School: Wayne State University
Fellowship: Gastroenterology University of Colorado Denver
Fellowship: Membrane Pathobiology, Stanford University
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLAUCLA Pediatric Surgeons have extensive e...
- Steven H. Itzkowitz, MDDr. Itzkowitz is past Chair of the Gastr...
- Penn Medicine – Abramson Cancer CenterPenn Medicine’s Abramson Cancer Center...
- danielle a. stegmannScientific Officer, Pharmacist at pharma...
- Colon cancer gene mutation found in 18th century mummyA gene mutation associated with colon ca...
- Amosy E. M’Koma, MD, PhD, MSDr. M’Koma is Adjunct Associate Profes...