welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Gideon Steinbach, MD, PhD Researcher
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
P.O. Box 19024
Places : Washington University School of Medicine
Dr. Steinbach’s research is focused on gastrointestinal cancer prevention, including genetic and clinical predisposition, chemoprevention, and early detection. The work is based on multidisciplinary and inter-institutional collaborations. His recent collaborative studies investigated the role of aspirin in the prevention of colorectal adenomatous polyps in persons with previous colorectal tumors and the effect of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition on colorectal adenomatous polyps in patients with FAP (an inherited predisposition to colorectal adenomas). The latter was the first clinical trial to investigate the effect of COX-2 inhibition on a human tumor. Demonstration of efficacy on adenomatous polyps in FAP provided support for initiating trials of COX-2 inhibition for the control of sporadic colon tumors and other tumors that express COX-2.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Mary J. Ahrens, MSMary J. Ahrens is a Genetic Counselor in...
- ingrid ziebarth marinoDirector, Payer Medical Affairs at Found...
- Nicholas O. Davidson, MDProfessor, Medicine, Director, Departmen...
- Young Adult Cancer ConnectionYoung Adult Cancer Connection, co-founde...
- FAPtalk Newsletter – Winter Issue 2016Click here to download the Winter 2016...