welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
James R. Howe V, MD Healthcare Provider
Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery
University of Iowa
Places : Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Washington University School of Medicine
James R. Howe V, MD is a Surgical Oncologist and Endocrine Surgeon who specializes in taking care of patients with cancers of the pancreas, liver, GI tract, soft tissue sarcoma, melanoma, thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands.
Presently his research focus is the study of gene expression profiles in pancreatic and small bowel NETs to identify new targets for imaging and treatment, and collection of families to search for predisposing genes.
Current Positions: Director, Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery, Co-Director, Neuroendocrine Cancer Clinic and Professor of Surgery – Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery at University of Iowa.
Interests: Cancers of the pancreas, liver, GI tract, soft tissue sarcoma, melanoma, thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands; Familial Cancer Syndromes, genetic linkage, gene discovery, and gene expression studies.
Education: MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
Fellowship: Surgical Research Fellow, Washington University, Clinical, Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Monica M. Bertagnolli, MDDr. Bertagnolli is Professor at Harvard ...
- Linda Farkas, MDLinda M. Farkas, M.D., is a Professor in...
- Department of Surgery, University of MinnesotaThe Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery...
- Inherited Cancer Syndromes: Current Clinical ManagementElectronic Book: The second edition of I...
- Tolga Erim, DOChief Resident, Internal Medicine, Cleve...
- Paola SalaPaola Sala is a researcher in Hereditary...