welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Mary K. Washington, MD Researcher
Professor of Pathology
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Places : Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- M.D. – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1986
- Ph.D. – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1982
- Post Graduate Training – Duke University Health System
- Residency – Duke University Health System
Research Specialty: Histopathology of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases and mouse models of GI cancer
Research Description: My research focuses on morphology of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases. I provide expertise in interpretation of histopathologic changes in a variety of animal models of gastrointestinal diseases to basic scientists at Vanderbilt. I also serve as Director for several research biorepositories and shared resources, including the Vanderbilt Digestive Diseases Research Center and the Western Division of the Cooperative Human Tissue Network.
Clinical Research Description: My research focuses on diagnostic aspects of gastrointestinal and hepatic pathology; specific areas of interest include Barrett’s esophagus, colorectal neoplasia, inflammatory bowel disease, and gastrointestinal pathology of primary immunodeficiency. I also have an interest in morphology of mouse models of intestinal neoplasia and inflammatory bowel disease.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Emre I. Gorgun, MDDr. Gorgun obtained his Medical degree f...
- Montefiore Medical CenterMontefiore Medical Center consists of ei...
- A Study of Guselkumab in Participants With Familial Adenomatous PolyposisThe purpose of this study is to determin...
- Luca Stocchi, MDLuca Stocchi is a Surgeon and Chair in t...
- Dennis J. Ahnen, MDResearch Interests:Dr. Ahnen’s res...
- Fokko M. NagengastTeacher at Wageningen University, Divisi...