welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Mary K. Washington, MD Researcher
Professor of Pathology
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Places : Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- M.D. – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1986
- Ph.D. – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1982
- Post Graduate Training – Duke University Health System
- Residency – Duke University Health System
Research Specialty: Histopathology of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases and mouse models of GI cancer
Research Description: My research focuses on morphology of gastrointestinal and hepatic diseases. I provide expertise in interpretation of histopathologic changes in a variety of animal models of gastrointestinal diseases to basic scientists at Vanderbilt. I also serve as Director for several research biorepositories and shared resources, including the Vanderbilt Digestive Diseases Research Center and the Western Division of the Cooperative Human Tissue Network.
Clinical Research Description: My research focuses on diagnostic aspects of gastrointestinal and hepatic pathology; specific areas of interest include Barrett’s esophagus, colorectal neoplasia, inflammatory bowel disease, and gastrointestinal pathology of primary immunodeficiency. I also have an interest in morphology of mouse models of intestinal neoplasia and inflammatory bowel disease.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Fay Kastrinos, MD, MPHAffiliation:NewYork-Presbyterian/C...
- Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer CenterThe Gastrointestinal Cancer Genetics Pro...
- New treatment reduces precancerous polyps in hereditary cancer patientsInheriting a mutation in the APC gene le...
- José G. Guillem, MDDr. José G. Guillem is a colorectal sur...
- HELIOS Klinikum WuppertalCenter for Hereditary Tumor Di...
- David Maron, MDEducation: Georgetown University School ...
- Richard B. Halberg, PhDEducation:University of Iowa, B.S., ...