welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Gabriela Moslein Healthcare Provider
Center for Hereditary Tumor Diseases
HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal
Places : HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal
Gabriela Möslein is a surgeon and coloproctologist with great expertise in the field of hereditary cancer. She is co-founder of the Working Group “Hereditary Gastrointestinal Tumors” of the German Society for General and Visceral Surgery (DGAV), co-founder of the German Cancer Aid Collaborative Project “Family Colorectal Cancer”, former President (2009) of InSiGHT (International Society for Hereditary Gastrointestinal Tumors) , head of the European expert group of Insight and initiator and scientific advisory board of several patient groups.
Gabriela Möslein did surgical training in a non-University Hospital. She also did her stipend in Japan with Professor Utsunomiya for pouch surgery. She had a key role in the establishment of a Polyposis Registry at University of Heidelberg. She did her surgical specialization from University of Heidelberg and Dusseldorf. She also did a DFG-Stipend at Mayo Clinic (Molecular Genetics with S. Thibodeau).
Prof. Dr. Gabriela Möslein was department Head of Visceral Surgery & Coloproctology (2005-15) at HELIOS Hospital Bochum. She served as the director of the International Society for Heredity Gastrointestinal Tumours (2013-15). Her role was pivotal in the establishment of the Department for Hereditary Tumors, HELIOS Klinikum Wuppertal and University of Witten-Herdecke in 2015.
She is a specialist in the field of hereditary cancers and has authored hundreds of research articles and has great expertise in these fields:
- Full spectrum of abdominal surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Oncological surgery
- Colorectal cancer and continence-preserving surgical procedures
- Stoma specialist (continent ostomy)
- Incontinence treatment (including artificial bowel sphincter)
- Hereditary cancer and prophylactic surgery [Lynch syndrome, FAP (familial adenomatous polyposis, MYH-associated polyposis, PJS (Peutz-Jeghers-Syndrome), Juvenile Polyposis]
Selected Publications We Have Curated:
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Starch Powder That can be Sprinkled on Food is Tested as Cure for Bowel CancerA powder made from starch that can b...
- Mary K. Washington, MDEducation:M.D. – University of N...
- Daniel G. Luba, MDCurrent Positions:Medical Director o...
- Karen A. Brooks, MS, CGCGenetic CounselorSpecializations: Fa...
- Barnes Jewish HospitalSpeciality ClinicPatient Resources: ...
- ian fraylingClinical Research Fellow & Honorary ...
- Marry H. NieuwenhuisMarry H Nieuwenhuis is in Netherlands Fo...