welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Scott K. Kuwada, MD Healthcare Provider
The Queen's Medical Center
Queen's Physicians Office Building 3 (POB 3)
550 South Beretania Street, Suite 501
Places : National Cancer Institute Huntsman Cancer Institute Mayo Clinic
Scott K. Kuwada, MD joined The Queen’s Medical Center in 2012. Dr. Kuwada graduated from the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine in 1988 and completed a residency in internal medicine and fellowship in gastroenterology at the Mayo Clinic. He then joined the faculty of the University of Utah School of Medicine and Huntsman Cancer Institute from 1994 to 2009 where he was Professor of Medicine and Adjunct Associate Professor of Oncological Sciences and Bioengineering. Dr. Kuwada was the Program Director of the University of Utah GI Fellowship Training Program and the Acting Division Chief of Gastroenterology. He returned to the University of Hawaii in 2008, where he currently holds the positions of Professor of Medicine and Division Chief of Gastroenterology, and joined The Queen’s Medical Center in 2012. He currently serves as the Section Chief of GI Services for Queen’s. He is a fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association and American College of Physicians.
Dr. Kuwada’s primary expertise is familial gastrointestinal cancers and he is a member of the National Cancer Institute’s Colorectal Cancer Genetics Board. His other clinical interests are single balloon enteroscopy and inflammatory bowel disease.
Dr. Kuwada is active in research. He is the local principal investigator of two colorectal cancer chemoprevention trials, and research projects on the epidemiology of gastrointestinal stromal tumors and serum biomarkers for colorectal cancer.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- George Charames MSc, PhD, FACMGDr. George Charames is the Director of t...
- Ronald Bachman, MDDr. Ronald Bachman is a medical genetics...
- Tavisha Videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/tavisha/vid...
- Robert Daniel Odze, MD, FRCPCRobert Daniel Odze is a Professor of Pat...
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis; 30-Year Observation of a Female Patient – Case ReportFamilial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) is ...
- Desmoid Tumour in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Patients: Responses to TreatmentsNo guidelines for desmoid tumors (DT) ma...