welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Is Diverting Ileostomy Necessary in Stapled Ileoanal Pouch?
study id #: NCT01173250
condition: Ulcerative Colitis, Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
Total proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis is the first choice surgical operation for management of ulcerative colitis and familial adenomatous polyposis. The addition of diverting ileostomy may reduce septic complications. In this randomized study the investigators compare two groups of patients with stapled ileoanal pouch one of them had diverting ileostomy and in the other this step is omitted.
Procedure: adding diverting ileostomy
Procedure: omitting diverting ileostomy
last updated: August 16, 2010
phase of development: Not Available
study design: Not Available
- Patients having total proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis.
- Prolonged steroid use
- Anastomosis under tension
- Leak with air test
- Poor vascular supply of anastomosis
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Ileostomy: A GuideIleostomy surgery is done for many diffe...
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis 1This description of FAP1 discusses clini...
- Surgical Treatment in Familial Adenomatous PolyposisFamilial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) is ...
- Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag!I miss you, I need you, and I’m scared...
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) – Inheritedhttps://my.clevelandclinic.org/ccf/media...
- Different Surgical Strategies in the Treatment of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: What’s the Role of the Ileal...BACKGROUND AND STUDY AIMS: Restorative ...
- What are ostomies?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIms6TbN...