welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
A Study of Rofecoxib in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT00140894
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
A study to evaluate rofecoxib in the treatment of rectal, colon, or duodenal adenomas in patients with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
Drug: MK0966; rofecoxib / Duration of Treatment: 24 weeks
Drug: Comparator: placebo / Duration of Treatment: 24 weeks
start date: August 6, 2002
estimated completion: Not Available
last updated: September 20, 2019
phase of development: Phase 4
size / enrollment: 62
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Number and average size of rectal polyps
- Safety and tolerability
- Number and average size of duodenal polyps
- Proportions of patients with improved overall colon rating
- Males or females at least 18 years of age with familial adenomatous polyposis.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Risk-Reducing Surgery in FAP: Role for Surgeons Beyond the IncisionBACKGROUND : Although primary therapy in...
- Three Cases with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Diagnosed as having Malignant Lesions in the Course of a Long-Term T...The inhibitory effect of n-3 polyunsatur...
- Genetic Polymorphisms of Human Flavin Monooxygenase 3 in Sulindac-Mediated Primary Chemoprevention of Familial Adeno...PURPOSE : Sulindac is a nonsteroidal ant...
- Prevalence and Outcome of Anemia After Restorative Proctocolectomy: A Clinical Literature ReviewPURPOSE : Iron and/or vitamin B12 defici...
- Management of Duodenal Adenomatosis in FAP: Single Centre ExperienceDuodenal and ampullary carcinoma in fami...
- Are there any Alternative Medical Practices you would Recommend? If Yes, Why?Consider taking turmeric. It has been st...
- Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals announces last patient completes phase 3 trial protocol of CPP-1X/sul for familial...Cancer Prevention Pharmaceutic...