welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
A Study of Rofecoxib in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT00140894
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
A study to evaluate rofecoxib in the treatment of rectal, colon, or duodenal adenomas in patients with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
Drug: MK0966; rofecoxib / Duration of Treatment: 24 weeks
Drug: Comparator: placebo / Duration of Treatment: 24 weeks
start date: August 6, 2002
estimated completion: Not Available
last updated: September 20, 2019
phase of development: Phase 4
size / enrollment: 62
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Number and average size of rectal polyps
- Safety and tolerability
- Number and average size of duodenal polyps
- Proportions of patients with improved overall colon rating
- Males or females at least 18 years of age with familial adenomatous polyposis.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Chemoprevention of hereditary colon cancers: time for new strategiesColorectal cancer (CRC) is potentially p...
- Sucampo Enters Into Exclusive Option and Collaboration Agreement With Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals for Developm...Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a global ...
- 18F-FES PET/CT in Imaging Patients With Desmoid TumorsThis pilot clinical trial studies fluori...
- Observational Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Registry Study In Patients Receiving Celecoxib Compared to Control Pati...This is a registry-based observation...
- Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Tillotts Pharma AG Sign Licensing Agreement for CPP-1X/sulindac in Europ...Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ...
- Significantly Increased Pregnancy Rates After Laparoscopic Restorative Proctocolectomy: A Cross-sectional StudyOBJECTIVE: To assess the impact of a la...