welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
A Study of Rofecoxib in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT00140894
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
A study to evaluate rofecoxib in the treatment of rectal, colon, or duodenal adenomas in patients with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis.
Drug: MK0966; rofecoxib / Duration of Treatment: 24 weeks
Drug: Comparator: placebo / Duration of Treatment: 24 weeks
start date: August 6, 2002
estimated completion: Not Available
last updated: September 20, 2019
phase of development: Phase 4
size / enrollment: 62
Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Number and average size of rectal polyps
- Safety and tolerability
- Number and average size of duodenal polyps
- Proportions of patients with improved overall colon rating
- Males or females at least 18 years of age with familial adenomatous polyposis.
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Nutritional Agents With Anti-inflammatory Properties in Chemoprevention of Colorectal NeoplasiaThe strong link between inflammation and...
- Genetic Polymorphisms of Human Flavin Monooxygenase 3 in Sulindac-Mediated Primary Chemoprevention of Familial Adeno...PURPOSE : Sulindac is a nonsteroidal ant...
- Rofecoxib Reduces Polyp Recurrence in Familial Polyposis.The long-term (mean of 16.4 +/- 4.2 mont...
- Dietary Polyamine Intake and Risk of Colorectal Adenomatous PolypsBACKGROUND : Putrescine, spermidine, and...
- Hereditary Colorectal Cancer Syndromes: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline Endorsemen...PURPOSE: To provide recommendations on ...
- Rectum-sparing Surgery may be Appropriate for Biallelic MutYH-Associated PolyposisPURPOSE: The risk of cancer or severe p...
- Open Versus Laparoscopic (Assisted) Ileo Pouch Anal Anastomosis for Ulcerative Colitis and Familial Adenomatous Poly...BACKGROUND : Restorative proctocolectomy...