welcome to FAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
status: Status unknownpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 9, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
expertly curated content related to this topic
Early Postoperative Complications After Stapled vs Handsewn Restorative Proctocolectomy with Ileal Pouch-Anal Anasto...AIM : Restorative proctocolectomy with i...
Rectal Epithelial Apoptosis does not Predict Response to Sulindac Treatment or Polyp Development in Presymptomatic F...Innormal colorectal epithelium, apoptosi...
The purpose of this study is to establis...
If you have polyps, then the best course...
Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Clinical Management and Patients’ Quality of LifeInflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and fam...