welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement in Colorectal,Coloanal and Ileoanal Anastomoses
study id #: NCT00663819
condition: Rectal Cancer, Ulcerative Colitis, Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, Diverticulitis
The primary purpose of this prospective, randomized multicenter center study is to evaluate and compare the outcomes of colorectal, coloanal and ileoanal anastomoses reinforced with a bioabsorbable staple line reinforcement material compared with standard non-reinforced colorectal, coloanal and ileoanal techniques with respect to the incidence of postoperative anastomotic leakage, anastomotic stricture and time to ileostomy closure, if applicable.
Device: GORE SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement
Procedure: Staple line without reinforcement
start date: April 2008
estimated completion: October 2012
last updated: April 17, 2018
phase of development: Not Available
size / enrollment: 258
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
This is a randomized prospective trial that compares the use of GORE SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement (CBSG) to standard stapling techniques in colorectal resections. The potential exists to utilize CBSG as a means of lowering the rate of post-operative anastomotic leakage and bleeding in high-risk colorectal, coloanal, and ileoanal anastomoses.
- Proportion of Subjects Who Experience a Clinical and/or Radiologic Anastomotic Leak [ Time Frame: completion of procedure through 4-12 weeks post procedure ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
The primary endpoint for the study is the proportion of subjects who experience a clinical and/or radiologic anastomotic leak through 4 - 12 weeks post procedure.
- Identify and Compare the Rate of Anastomotic Stenosis Associated With Circular Stapled Anastomoses Constructed With and Without CBSG. [ Time Frame: post operative ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Determine the Rate of Significant Staple Line Hemorrhage With and Without the Use of CBSG in Circular Stapled Anastomoses [ Time Frame: post operative ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Provide a Cost/Benefit Analysis With Regard to the Use of CBSG in Stapled Circular Anastomoses [ Time Frame: study completion ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Determine the Efficacy and Further Substantiate Safety of CBSG Used in Conjunction With Circular Staplers When Performing High-risk Colorectal, Coloanal, and Ileoanal Anastomoses. [ Time Frame: study completion ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Subjects who will undergo restorative proctectomy or proctocolectomy (<10 cm from anal verge) with a low circular stapled colorectal, coloanal or ileoanal anastomosis with or without reservoir, including treatment for rectal cancer, ulcerative colitis, familial adenomatous polyposis , diverticulitis, perforation of the bowel/trauma.
- Subjects undergoing Hartmann's reversal with restorative proctectomy (<10 cm from the anal verge).
- Subjects may or may not have a diverting loop ileostomy as a component of their initial surgery.
- Subjects who meet the requirements of number 1 and 2, and are being treated for rectal cancer may or may not have preoperative chemoradiation therapy in the treatment of their rectal cancer.
- Subjects being treated for rectal cancer with a diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Subjects who have significant intraoperative hypotension or cardiac events.
- Subjects with collagen vascular disease, coagulopathy, significant renal or hepatic dysfunction (creatinine >1.6 or liver enzymes > 50% upper limit of normal values).
expertly curated content related to this topic
- A Study of Rofecoxib in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)A study to evaluate rofecoxib in the tre...
- An Evaluation of SprayShield in Reducing Post-Operative Adhesion Formation Following Major Open Abdominal SurgeryThis will be a prospective, multi-center...
- The Traveling J-Pouch: More Tips for Going Abroad with a J-Pouchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk5AmBLF...
- Sucampo Enters Into Exclusive Option and Collaboration Agreement With Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals for Developm...Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a global ...
- Different Surgical Strategies in the Treatment of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: What’s the Role of the Ileal...BACKGROUND AND STUDY AIMS: Restorative ...
- New treatment reduces precancerous polyps in hereditary cancer patientsInheriting a mutation in the APC gene le...
- Inherited Cancer Syndromes: Current Clinical ManagementElectronic Book: The second edition of I...