welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement in Colorectal,Coloanal and Ileoanal Anastomoses
study id #: NCT00663819
condition: Rectal Cancer, Ulcerative Colitis, Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, Diverticulitis
The primary purpose of this prospective, randomized multicenter center study is to evaluate and compare the outcomes of colorectal, coloanal and ileoanal anastomoses reinforced with a bioabsorbable staple line reinforcement material compared with standard non-reinforced colorectal, coloanal and ileoanal techniques with respect to the incidence of postoperative anastomotic leakage, anastomotic stricture and time to ileostomy closure, if applicable.
Device: GORE SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement
Procedure: Staple line without reinforcement
start date: April 2008
estimated completion: October 2012
last updated: April 17, 2018
phase of development: Not Available
size / enrollment: 258
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
This is a randomized prospective trial that compares the use of GORE SEAMGUARD® Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement (CBSG) to standard stapling techniques in colorectal resections. The potential exists to utilize CBSG as a means of lowering the rate of post-operative anastomotic leakage and bleeding in high-risk colorectal, coloanal, and ileoanal anastomoses.
- Proportion of Subjects Who Experience a Clinical and/or Radiologic Anastomotic Leak [ Time Frame: completion of procedure through 4-12 weeks post procedure ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
The primary endpoint for the study is the proportion of subjects who experience a clinical and/or radiologic anastomotic leak through 4 - 12 weeks post procedure.
- Identify and Compare the Rate of Anastomotic Stenosis Associated With Circular Stapled Anastomoses Constructed With and Without CBSG. [ Time Frame: post operative ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Determine the Rate of Significant Staple Line Hemorrhage With and Without the Use of CBSG in Circular Stapled Anastomoses [ Time Frame: post operative ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Provide a Cost/Benefit Analysis With Regard to the Use of CBSG in Stapled Circular Anastomoses [ Time Frame: study completion ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Determine the Efficacy and Further Substantiate Safety of CBSG Used in Conjunction With Circular Staplers When Performing High-risk Colorectal, Coloanal, and Ileoanal Anastomoses. [ Time Frame: study completion ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Subjects who will undergo restorative proctectomy or proctocolectomy (<10 cm from anal verge) with a low circular stapled colorectal, coloanal or ileoanal anastomosis with or without reservoir, including treatment for rectal cancer, ulcerative colitis, familial adenomatous polyposis , diverticulitis, perforation of the bowel/trauma.
- Subjects undergoing Hartmann's reversal with restorative proctectomy (<10 cm from the anal verge).
- Subjects may or may not have a diverting loop ileostomy as a component of their initial surgery.
- Subjects who meet the requirements of number 1 and 2, and are being treated for rectal cancer may or may not have preoperative chemoradiation therapy in the treatment of their rectal cancer.
- Subjects being treated for rectal cancer with a diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Subjects who have significant intraoperative hypotension or cardiac events.
- Subjects with collagen vascular disease, coagulopathy, significant renal or hepatic dysfunction (creatinine >1.6 or liver enzymes > 50% upper limit of normal values).
expertly curated content related to this topic
Turmeric Supplementation on Polyp Number and Size in Patients With Familial Adenomatous PolyposisA Phase 2, randomized, double blind, pla...
Rectal Eversion and Double-Stapled Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis SyndromeINTRODUCTION : Surgery is the only treat...
Hereditary Colorectal Cancer Syndromes: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline Endorsemen...PURPOSE: To provide recommendations on ...
Dual Focus NBI and pCLE in FAP Related Duodenal AdenomaBackground: Familial adenomatous pol...
The Chemopreventive Effect of Metformin in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Double Blinded Randomized C...Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) lea...
Ileal Pouch and Related Complications: Spectrum of Imaging Findings with Emphasis on MRIProctocolectomy with ileal pouch-anal an...
Genetics, Inheritance and Strategies for Prevention in Populations at High Risk of Colorectal Cancer (CRC)Hereditary forms of colorectal cancer ac...