welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Coxib-inhibition of Duodenal Polyp Growth in FAP
study id #: NCT00844727
condition: Duodenal Polyposis
Preliminary data indicate a protective effect on the development of duodenal polyps by coxib treatment. The hypothesis of the present study is that normal therapy doses of rofecoxib for 1 year would stop or reverse the development of premalignant adenomatous lesions in the duodenal mucosa of FAP patients.
start date: September 2003
estimated completion: April 2004
last updated: July 6, 2011
phase of development: Phase 2, Phase 3
size / enrollment: 38
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Primary Purpose: Treatment
- FAP patient with previous colectomy and confirmed polyposis
- NSAID hypersensitivity
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Comparison of Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis to Colectomy and Ileorectal Anastomosis in Familial A...Prophylactic surgical options for famili...
- Familial Investigations of Childhood Cancer PredispositionWhile it is well recognized that heredit...
- The Great Ostomy Conversationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxh2bbaq...
- Diagnostic Values of Dual Focus Narrow Band Imaging and Probe-Based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy in FAP-Related Duo...BACKGROUND AND STUDY AIMS : Familial ade...
- Audiology and Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Do You Hear What I Hear?Poster PresentationBackground: The ...
- The Safety and Efficacy of Celecoxib in Children with Familial Adenomatous PolyposisOBJECTIVES : Celecoxib is approved as an...