welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 10, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
expertly curated content related to this topic
Role of Surgery in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer (Lynch Syndrome)Surgery remains the mainstay of treatmen...
Chemoprevention Trial in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) Coli Using EPAThis purpose of this study is to investi...
Chemoprevention in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: A review of the Concept of Chemoprevention and the Current Clini...Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) pre...
The Evolution of Prophylactic Colorectal Surgery for Familial Adenomatous PolyposisINTRODUCTION : Over the past 50 years, p...
A Prospective Multicenter Phase II Study of Sunitinib in Patients With Advanced Aggressive FibromatosisSeveral studies have reported that imati...
New Combination Therapy Can Benefit Metastatic Colon CancerNew Combination Therapy Can Benefit Meta...