welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
status: status unknownpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 10, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
expertly curated content related to this topic
The Effect of Celecoxib, a Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitor, in Familial Adenomatous PolyposisBACKGROUND : Patients with familial aden...
Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Clinical Management and Patients’ Quality of LifeInflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and fam...
Rare Coincidence of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and a Retroperitoneal Fibromyxoid Sarcoma: Report of a CasePURPOSE : Familial adenomatous polyposis...
Clinical Management of Adenomatous Polyposis in Patients with Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colorectal Cancer and Familia...OBJECTIVE : To investigate the validity ...
Let’s Get Clinical: Health Advocacy + an F.A.P. Clinical Trialhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbeqxDfv...
Ostomy: Diet and Nutrition GuideThis guide provides some basic informati...
Efficacy and Safety of Eflornithine (CPP-1X)/Sulindac Combination Therapy Versus Each as Monotherapy in Patients wit...BACKGROUND: Molecular studies suggest i...