welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
status: status unknownpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 10, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
expertly curated content related to this topic
Desmoid Tumors: Clinical Features and Treatment Options for Advanced DiseaseDesmoid tumors describe a rare monoclona...
Bonnies Diary Feb 08https://jtvcancersupport.com/embed/30453...
Gardner Syndrome: Skin Manifestations, Differential Diagnosis and ManagementGardner syndrome is a variant of familia...
Revealing the Power of the Rare Disease Community With State-of-the Art Collaborative, Trustworthy, Digital Educatio...The growth of online communities in ...
Colorectal Polyposis: Clinical Presentation and Surgical TreatmentKEYWORDS: colorectal cancer; colorectal...
Chemo: (Hair) Loss & Mane (Thinning)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaGRE_J5...