welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
status: status unknownpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 10, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
expertly curated content related to this topic
Diagnosis, Surveillance, and Treatment Strategies For Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Rationale and UpdateFamilial adenomatous polyposis is charac...
Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) and Aspirin for Preventing Colorectal Adenomas and CarcinomasBACKGROUND : There is evidence from expe...
Independent Data Monitoring Committee Recommends Continuation of Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals’ Phase 3 Trial ...Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ...
A Study of Rofecoxib in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)A study to evaluate rofecoxib in the tre...
Familial Risk-Colorectal Cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice GuidelinesLynch syndrome is the most common heredi...
Colorectal Polyposis: Clinical Presentation and Surgical TreatmentKEYWORDS: colorectal cancer; colorectal...
Proctocolectomy for Ulcerative Colitis or Familial Adenomatous Polyposishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlxBwxKX...