welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
status: status unknownpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 10, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Curcumin in Treating Patients With Familial Adenomatous PolyposisThis clinical trial studies curcumin in ...
- CEO Jeff Jacob Talks About FAP Trial (Familial Adenomatous Polyposis)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abPLjl6B...
- Prevention of Progression of Duodenal Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous PolyposisDuodenal carcinomas are the leading caus...
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Treatment at Mayo ClinicIf you have a few small polyps, your May...
- Collecting Information From Patients and Family Members With Hereditary Colorectal Cancer Syndromes or Who Are at Hi...RATIONALE: Gathering medical and fam...
- Guide to Fighting Colon Polyps: How to Prevent Colon Polyps Naturally With FoodFrom garlic and turmeric to foods that c...
- Food Fit for a Baby J-pouch: The Early Post-Proctocolectomy Diet (the newest fad diet)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8o1BBN...