welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Influence of Sulindac and Probiotics on the Development of Pouch Adenomas in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
study id #: NCT00319007
condition: Adenomatous Polyposis Coli
status: status unknownpurpose:
The purpose of this study is to determine whether sulindac and VSL#3 – inulin, either combined or alone, are effective in treating or preventing adenoma development in the ileal anal pouch in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis.
Drug: Sulindac (drug)
Drug: VSL#3 (probiotic)
Drug: Inulin (probiotic)
start date: April 2006
estimated completion: December 2006
last updated: August 10, 2007
phase of development: Phase 2
size / enrollment: 30
Endpoint Classification: Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
- Pouch mucosal proliferation index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal apoptosis index at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Pouch mucosal Glutathione S transferases activity and isoenzyme levels at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal genotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Faecal cytotoxicity at 0, 1 and 2 months
- Clinically or genetically proven familial adenomatous polyposis
- Restorative proctocolectomy with ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Chronic or acute renal or hepatic disease
- History of oesophageal, gastric or duodenal ulcers
- Known hypersensitivity to sulindac
- Daily use during the last three months of: - Aspirin
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents
sponsor: Radboud University
investigators: Fokko M Nagengast, PhD
trial center locations: Netherlands
expertly curated content related to this topic
Rectal and Pouch Recurrences After Surgical Treatment for Familial Adenomatous PolyposisBACKGROUND : Familial adenomatous polypo...
How to Defy a Hereditary Predisposition and Prevent Colon Cancerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IynYbT2i...
BCIR – Olympia Medical Center Los Angeleshttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdZLy_...
Rectal Eversion and Double-Stapled Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis SyndromeINTRODUCTION : Surgery is the only treat...
Mucosectomy with Handsewn Anastomosis Reduces the Risk of Adenoma Formation in the Anorectal Segment After Restorati...OBJECTIVE : The study compared the risk ...
Bioabsorbable Staple Line Reinforcement in Colorectal,Coloanal and Ileoanal AnastomosesThe primary purpose of this prospective,...