welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Small Bowel Endoscopic Evaluation in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT02656134
condition: Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
status: status unknownpurpose:
Background and study aim The relative risks of duodenal adenocarcinoma and ampullary carcinoma in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) have been estimated 100 to 330 times higher than in general population. However risk factors, including a genotype-phenotype association for duodenal cancer in FAP has not been fully understood. The aim of this study is to determine risk factors associated with the development of advanced duodenal polyposis and ampullary adenomas in colectomized patients with FAP.
intervention: Procedure: Duodenoscopy and enteroscopy
Genetic: Molecular analysis
start date: March 2015
estimated completion: September 2016
last updated: January 14, 2016
size / enrollment: 55
Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
- Genetic profile in FAP patients [ Time Frame: one year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
exclusion criteria: Pregnancy, lactation
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Cribriform-Morular Variant of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: An Indication to Screen for Occult FAPCribriform-morular variant (CMV) is a ra...
- Jejunal Cancer in Patients With Familial Adenomatous PolyposisBACKGROUND & AIMS: Familial adenoma...
- Is There a Relationship Between Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and Focal Nodular Hyperplasia?Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) is the s...
- Huntsman Cancer Institute study delves into reasons why preventive drug is effectiveA potent preventive treatment for people...
- “waiting to get a colonoscopy was my biggest mistake” my familial adenomatous polyposis storyI went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, ...
- Germline Mutations of the APC Gene in Patients with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis-Associated Thyroid Carcinoma: Res...Papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC) is one...
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) and Gender. Does Gender Influence the Genetic Transmission of FAP?Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) is ...