welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Small Bowel Endoscopic Evaluation in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT02656134
condition: Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
status: status unknownpurpose:
Background and study aim The relative risks of duodenal adenocarcinoma and ampullary carcinoma in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) have been estimated 100 to 330 times higher than in general population. However risk factors, including a genotype-phenotype association for duodenal cancer in FAP has not been fully understood. The aim of this study is to determine risk factors associated with the development of advanced duodenal polyposis and ampullary adenomas in colectomized patients with FAP.
intervention: Procedure: Duodenoscopy and enteroscopy
Genetic: Molecular analysis
start date: March 2015
estimated completion: September 2016
last updated: January 14, 2016
size / enrollment: 55
Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
- Genetic profile in FAP patients [ Time Frame: one year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
exclusion criteria: Pregnancy, lactation
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Familial Risk and Heritability of Cancer Is Higher Among TwinsTwins carry a significant excess familia...
- Neonatal Gardner Fibroma: A Sentinel Presentation of Severe Familial Adenomatous PolyposisFamilial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) is ...
- Desmoid Tumor of Mesentery in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: A Case ReportOur case concerns a 52-year-old male wit...
- The Genetic Basis of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and its Implications for Clinical Practice and Risk ManagementAmongst other F.A.P.-centric things, thi...
- Fatty Diet Activates Oldest Branch of Immune System, Causing Intestinal TumorsWe found that specific types of high-fat...
- Author Interview- Patrick Lynchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuP6UdWu...
- Our Experience of Treatment of Cribriform Morular Variant of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma; Difference in Clinicopatho...Cribriform-morular variant (CMV) is a co...