welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Small Bowel Endoscopic Evaluation in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT02656134
condition: Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
status: status unknownpurpose:
Background and study aim The relative risks of duodenal adenocarcinoma and ampullary carcinoma in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) have been estimated 100 to 330 times higher than in general population. However risk factors, including a genotype-phenotype association for duodenal cancer in FAP has not been fully understood. The aim of this study is to determine risk factors associated with the development of advanced duodenal polyposis and ampullary adenomas in colectomized patients with FAP.
intervention: Procedure: Duodenoscopy and enteroscopy
Genetic: Molecular analysis
start date: March 2015
estimated completion: September 2016
last updated: January 14, 2016
size / enrollment: 55
Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
- Genetic profile in FAP patients [ Time Frame: one year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
exclusion criteria: Pregnancy, lactation
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Dacarbazine-Doxorubicin Therapy Ameliorated an Extremely Aggressive Mesenteric Desmoid Tumor Associated with Familia...A 30-year-old man with familial adenomat...
- Gender-Specific Aspects of Lynch Syndrome and Familial Adenomatous PolyposisBACKGROUND: The most frequent hereditar...
- Shrinking the silenceI’ve been thinking about starting a bl...
- MUTYH-Associated PolyposisMUTYH-associated polyposis (MAP) is an a...
- Progression of Duodenal Adenomatosis in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Due to Ageing of Subjects and Advances in Te...Familial adenomatous polyposis patients ...
- Life’s a Polyphttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqXW6N2...
- Hepatocelluar Carcinoma Associated with Attenuated Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: A Case Report and Review of the L...Hepatocelluar carcinoma (HCC) has rarely...