welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Small Bowel Endoscopic Evaluation in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
study id #: NCT02656134
condition: Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
status: status unknownpurpose:
Background and study aim The relative risks of duodenal adenocarcinoma and ampullary carcinoma in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP) have been estimated 100 to 330 times higher than in general population. However risk factors, including a genotype-phenotype association for duodenal cancer in FAP has not been fully understood. The aim of this study is to determine risk factors associated with the development of advanced duodenal polyposis and ampullary adenomas in colectomized patients with FAP.
intervention: Procedure: Duodenoscopy and enteroscopy
Genetic: Molecular analysis
start date: March 2015
estimated completion: September 2016
last updated: January 14, 2016
size / enrollment: 55
Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
- Genetic profile in FAP patients [ Time Frame: one year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
exclusion criteria: Pregnancy, lactation
expertly curated content related to this topic
- ESMO Consensus Guidelines For Management of Patients with Colon and Rectal Cancer, A Personalized Approach to Clinic...Colorectal Cancer (CRC) is the most comm...
- Early Onset of Dysplasia in Polyps in Children with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Case Report and Literature Revie...Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) is ...
- Extracolonic Manifestations of Hereditary Colorectal Cancer SyndromesFamilial colorectal adenocarcinoma (CRC)...
- Molecular Genetics of Supernumerary Tooth FormationDespite advances in the knowledge of too...
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Syndromes (Source: Seminars in Oncology)Colon cancer is associated with a family...
- The Prevalence of Thyroid Cancer and Benign Thyroid Disease in Patients with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis may be H...PURPOSE : Patients with familial adenoma...
- FAP Associated Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: A Peculiar Subtype of Familial Nonmedullary Thyroid CancerFamilial Nonmedullary Thyroid Carcinoma ...