welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Use of Curcumin in the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Patients
study id #: NCT00248053
condition: Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
The purpose of this study is to assess if curcumin, a commonly used food spice, can regress colorectal adenomatous polyps in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis, an inherited form of colorectal cancer.
intervention: Drug: curcumin
start date: November 2005
estimated completion: June 2008
last updated: September 20, 2012
phase of development: Phase 2
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
- polyp number and size [ Time Frame:one year ]
- side effects and medication compliance [ Time Frame:one year ]
- Familial adenomatous polyposis
- 18 years of age or older
- 5 or more adenomas of colorectum or ileum
- Female patient of child bearing age not on effective birth control pills
- Pregnant women
- White blood cell (WBC) count less than 4000
- Platelets (Plts) less than 100,000
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) greater than 25
- Creatine greater than 1.5
- Patients unable to stop non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) during duration of trial
- Patient with active bacterial infections of gastroesophageal reflux disease or peptic ulcer disease
- Patient on warfarin or anti-platelet drugs
expertly curated content related to this topic
Bonnies Diary Feb 08https://jtvcancersupport.com/embed/30453...
French Digestive Polyposis CohorteFrench cohorte about polyposis digestive...
Coxib-inhibition of Duodenal Polyp Growth in FAPPreliminary data indicate a protective e...
Role of Surgery in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and Hereditary Non Polyposis Colorectal Cancer (Lynch Syndrome)Surgery remains the mainstay of treatmen...
Ostomy Nutrition GuideThis handout is designed to help answer...
Ileal Pouch and Related Complications: Spectrum of Imaging Findings with Emphasis on MRIProctocolectomy with ileal pouch-anal an...
Shattering Cancer with Resonant Frequencies: Anthony Holland at TEDx Skidmore Collegehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w0_kazb...