welcome to oneFAPvoice- a positively charged Familial Adenomatous Polyposis community.
- join today!
Use of Curcumin in the Lower Gastrointestinal Tract in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis Patients
study id #: NCT00248053
condition: Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
The purpose of this study is to assess if curcumin, a commonly used food spice, can regress colorectal adenomatous polyps in patients with familial adenomatous polyposis, an inherited form of colorectal cancer.
intervention: Drug: curcumin
start date: November 2005
estimated completion: June 2008
last updated: September 20, 2012
phase of development: Phase 2
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
- polyp number and size [ Time Frame:one year ]
- side effects and medication compliance [ Time Frame:one year ]
- Familial adenomatous polyposis
- 18 years of age or older
- 5 or more adenomas of colorectum or ileum
- Female patient of child bearing age not on effective birth control pills
- Pregnant women
- White blood cell (WBC) count less than 4000
- Platelets (Plts) less than 100,000
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) greater than 25
- Creatine greater than 1.5
- Patients unable to stop non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) during duration of trial
- Patient with active bacterial infections of gastroesophageal reflux disease or peptic ulcer disease
- Patient on warfarin or anti-platelet drugs
expertly curated content related to this topic
- Management of Duodenal Adenomatosis in FAP: Single Centre ExperienceDuodenal and ampullary carcinoma in fami...
- Prostanoids, Ornithine Decarboxylase, and Polyamines in Primary Chemoprevention of Familial Adenomatous PolyposisBACKGROUND & AIMS : Familial adenoma...
- The Chemopreventive Effect of Metformin in Patients With Familial Adenomatous Polyposis: Double Blinded Randomized C...Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) lea...
- Laparoscopic-Assisted Proctocolectomy with Prolapsing Technique for Familial Adenomatous PolyposisPURPOSE : The role of laparoscopic total...
- Nutritional Agents With Anti-inflammatory Properties in Chemoprevention of Colorectal NeoplasiaThe strong link between inflammation and...
- Cancer Prevention Pharmaceuticals announces last patient completes phase 3 trial protocol of CPP-1X/sul for familial...Cancer Prevention Pharmaceutic...